"Who doesn’t want to look beautiful and flawless? We always try our best to have that silky-smooth skin, but unfortunately, for various reasons, we always break that skincare routine that we once started by promising ourselves. As we all say, creating a skincare routine is still an easy job, but maintaining one is what we call difficult. There is a wide variety of skincare brands on the market that offer skincare products, but it is important to know the type of skin you have first. Skincare brands make skincare products keeping in mind all types of skin, but it’s us who need to be a little more alert while choosing.
We need to know the correct usage of skincare essentials. Face creams, sunscreens, toners, moisturisers, cleansers, and facial creams are things that have their benefits. Skincare essentials play a very important role in skincare.
Skincare Do’s and Don’ts
1. There is no such thing as a tan that is completely safe. Tan skin is skin that has been damaged. Even one sunburn increases your risk of skin cancer exponentially, so avoid tanning beds and always wear sunscreen. Every day, use a moisturiser with an SPF of 30 or higher to protect your face. When you plan to be outside, use a body sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30 and reapply it at least every two hours. Sunscreen is easily accessible.
2. Cleansing helps remove excess oil, makeup, sweat, dirt and dead skin cells from your skin. So, daily clean your face with a cleanser. It suits dry and sensitive skin types. Cleansers are hydrating and moisturising.
3. After cleansing your face, apply a moisturiser i.e a face cream. This skincare step is frequently overlooked, but it is necessary to maintain soft, healthy skin. People have a habit of forgetting to apply face cream. While purchasing your facial cream, always look for ingredients. People with oily skin should avoid facial cream which is made with essential oils rather creams with aloe gel etc work better.
4. After cleansing, toners can help close pores and tighten cell gaps, preventing impurities and chemical toxins from penetrating the skin. Additionally, toners can protect against and remove chlorine and minerals found in tap water.
Steps in a Skincare Routine
The reality is that skincare routine steps are as unique and individual as the individual who follows them. However, as skincare has grown in popularity on social media and thousands of new products have been released in recent years, it's become more intimidating and confusing for beginners to get started and for anyone to understand how to create effective skincare routine steps that work for them.
On the other hand, skin care routine for acne does not involve experimenting with product after product. Rather, the skin care routine for acne involves thorough cleansing, choosing right products and some minor lifestyle adjustments.
Various skincare lotion brands also focus on spot treatment. Skincare lotion brands like Neutrogena, Mamaearth, WOW, The Derma Co., Moms Co. etc. offer various products for spot treatments naturally. Their products contain natural ingredients that help skin heal better.
Try Skincare Essentials with Smytten
Smytten offers free Skincare Essentials trials. This is the place to be if you've ever wanted to try something new but weren't sure if it was the right thing to do. Explore the free trials offered by your favourite brands to see which ones you like best.
Reasons Why You Should Try Skincare Essentials Before You Buy it
- You have no idea what type of skincare essentials are good.
- You want to know if a product will suit your needs.
- You want to try out similar things at the same time.
- You're eager to find the best option in skincare essentials.
- You'd like to make a change but aren't sure where to begin.
1. How can I decide my skin type?
Typically, skin can be of 4 types: normal, oily, dry, combination or sensitive. However, over time, the texture and type of your skin can change due to a variety of factors such as lifestyle, hormones, and diet. The best way to determine your skin type is to gently cleanse it and leave it alone for several hours without using any product.
2. Why is it necessary to moisturise?
Using a good moisturiser not only helps prevent and treat dry skin, but also protects sensitive skin and improves your skin's texture. Daily use of a moisturiser can help improve the skin's hydration and keep it healthy and glowing.
3. What is the most effective way to deal with sensitive skin?
The best way to treat sensitive skin is with gentleness. Avoid using harsh cleansers or any other harsh product that may contain irritating ingredients. Always choose products that are suitable for your skin type and are formulated specifically for sensitive skin."