Sometimes called Grains of Paradise, cardamom is a pungent, aromatic herb first used around the eighth century, and is a native of India. Cardamom or Elaichi is a popular spice used in Indian cooking,both in sweet and savoury dishes. It promotes digestion and intestinal health and is used to treat tooth, gum and throat infection. It also helps the body to burn fat which aids in weight loss.
- Promotes digestion and intestinal health
- Used to treat tooth, gum and throat infections
- Contains diuretic effects which might help to reduce blood pressure
How to Use :
- Elaichi can be used in a wide range of dals, curries and biryani
- It can also be used for baking as it adds a hint of flavour (eg. Carrot cake - recipe on our blog)