Porcini Choice Mushrooms(Boletus Edulis)
GetÂ SmyttenÂ on our App instead>
Premium Brands. Free Trials. Curated Shopping
If there is a universally popular wild mushroom, it may be Boletus Edulis. The French refer to them as cèpes, the Germans glorify them as stein-Pilz, and the Italians are wild about their porcini. Boletes are different from other mushrooms in that they have pores rather than gills on the underside of the cap. Spores are released by the thousands from the inner walls of hundreds of tiny round tubes making up the lower cap surface. This spore-bearing area resembles and acts like a sponge.
- Traditional European mushrooms
- Dried cepes have a deep, rich taste that dominates soups and sauces for polenta and pasta
- Cut mushrooms into desired sizes after soaking
- In general, the larger the pieces, the more flavour
- Add the remaining, soaking liquid to your food preparation by carefully pouring off the concentrated essence from the top, discarding any residual matter such as sand or soil at the bottom of the vessel
Returns would ONLY be accepted in case of a Defect or Damage. For more, please visit the Returns & Refunds Policy page for more details.